Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pineapple Sour Cream Pie: Very, Very Good!

Notice in the upper right corner my grandmother writes, "very very good".  Having actually tested this one during the holidays, I couldn't agree more so I figured this was the recipe to get us started.   For the baked pie shell I used Betty Crocker's pie crust mix, using half the package per the directions to create a single crust pie.  Because I didn't have an 8" pie plate (had only 9") I should have used the entire package to ensure I had enough dough for a complete and hearty crust.  Regardless, the recipe worked and I am curious to know if you find it as delicious as I did.  I believe that the filling could be used as a stand alone for dipping fruit, pound cake, etc.  The recipe is typed below for easy reference.                                

1 pkg (5 1/2 oz.) Jello pudding & pie filling - vanilla instant
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple with juice
2 c. sour cream
1 T. sugar
1 baked 8" pie shell

Mix all ingredients together in a narrow bottom bowl, beat slowly with electric beater 1 minute.  Pour into baked pie shell.  Chill 4 hours.  Overnight is best.  Garnish with prepared whipped topping, pineapple or cherries.

Credit for this one goes to my Grandmother's good friend, Arline Schultz (1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment